(Green Jack Fruit Sweet Stew)
- 5 Shallots
- 10 Candle nuts
- 10 Garlic cloves
- 4 Indian bay leaves/Salam
- 1/2 lb. (250g) Jack fruit
- 2-1/2 tsp. (12g) Coriander seeds
- 1-1/4 tsp. (6g) Cumin
- 1/4 cup (62ml) Coconut sugar
- 2 cup (500ml) Coconut milk
- 2 tsp. (30g) Tamarind
- 2 lb. (1kg) Chicken (cut into small pieces with bone)
- 5 cups (1.25l) water
- 2 inches bruised Galangga
Cut jack fruit 1 inch thick wash. Boil until tender.
Grind shallots, garlic, and candle nuts. Saute paste.
Add salam leaves, and galangga, until fragrant then add chicken pieces.
Stir fry until chicken changes color.
Pour 4 cups of water and coconut sugar, cumin, corriander, tamarind, and bring to a boil.
Add jack fruit and simmer until chicken and vegetables are tender.
Add coconut milk 5 minutes before it's done, bring back to a boil.
Serve hot with rice.
This dish is sweet and usually served with shrimp cracker.
Suggestion companion food :crackers, dried fish.
All items are shipped through the USPS. Shipping rates are based on weight and distance from our store in California. Thank you.
Like us on Facebook and check out our blog on Tumblr!